Hi, I’m Patricia, Odessa/Midland’s original professional birth photographer. I’m also a member of the International Association of Professional Birth Photographers. I photographed my first birth here in the Permian Basin over 15 years ago. In the years since, there has been a shift from film to digital, but for me not much else has really changed. Birth is still an awe-inspiring, sacred event. I have photographed labors and births (natural, induced, even cesarean) at all of our area hospitals and birth centers, as well as many, many home-births. I could not be more humbled and blessed to take part in so many earthside arrivals.
Exclusive and All-Inclusive Birth Photography Package – $1300, plus tax
- Up to 4-5 hours* of professional photography to capture your labor, birth, and those precious first moments as a new family. And then… cutting the cord, the weighing and measuring, and the first meeting with older siblings or other family members (if they are present), and more.
- A complete print release and a USB of high resolution, processed images from the birth. The final number of images varies, but as long as the labor is not precipitous, you can typically expect approximately 100-200 processed images.
- I also will present you with a press printed, hardcover book of beautifully captured key moments. In timeless photo-journalistic style, your images will be processed in a stunning black and white, with possibly an occasional color image, for a truly breathtaking collection.
- Exclusively on call for your birth from 38-41 weeks, any time of day or night. No need to worry whether your photographer will be available if you go into labor a week early or late, of if another client will go into labor at the same time. I also do not commit to shooting any type of big events or weddings while I am scheduled to be on call, nor do I or my family take any trips away from the area. For this exclusive availability, there is a non-refundable $600 fee to retain me, with the non-refundable balance of $700 to be paid on or before the 35th week.
*If your little one takes more than 5 hours, it is no problem. There is simply an added hourly fee of $45/hr, so you can rest assured I will be there for the big moment. And for that occasional client who asks me to come a little too early, you always have the option to send me home and call me back. But honestly, it’s really rare that I am needed over the 5 hours. I generally show up after mom has gone into active labor. Usually, one of the medical caregivers will let mom and dad know when they should call me to come.
I offer a special rate for combined packages. You can combine your birth photography package with a maternity session and a newborn session, and save on session fees!
I look forward to capturing this amazing time for you through photography. Nothing has changed in the 15 years since I first had the honor of photographing another family’s birth. It is an awe-inspiring event every single time. And I know you will be so pleased and blessed to have this precious time documented in such a professional and beautiful manner.
Please contact me if you would like more information, or to retain me to photograph this special time:
(432) 279-0742 or email@example.com